Author Topic: Tuna bite was on  (Read 395 times)

Offline Penquin

Tuna bite was on
« on: August 08, 2012, 08:28:05 AM »
Fished out of Newport yesterday.  After looking at the charts I went out to the 52 - 44 line. About 28 miles and started fishing.  Had the boat full and no more room by 1:00 PM.  36 fish in all.  One boat I know that had 4 guys on it caught 60 fish.  Had a good trip back, water wasn't bad at all.  The last ten miles we were able to travel at about 24 miles MPH.  What a beautiful day on the ocean.
Sorry no photos, when I started my trip back in I noticed my motor wouldn't trim :shrug9:.
I had to use the manual over ride to lift my motor to get home.
Wanted to go fishing today but am working on the boat instead.  When I push the up and down switch either at the throttle or on the motor the cylinoide makes a clicking noise.  Im not sure yet if the ram is getting power.
Penquin

2003 Sea Ranger 21' HT
2003 130 Honda
2011 9.9 Honda

Offline So.Cali

• Fisherman
  • '86 SR 17. Current keeper of "the hat"
  • View Gallery
Re: Tuna bite was on
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 04:19:03 PM »
Hey, at least you got one good day of fishin! sorry to hear about you trim though. that sucks!
Livin the dream

Offline Penquin

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
Ya it sucks.  I am glad I was able to get out of the boat ramp without having to get into the water and manually lifting the motor.  The motor was heavy.  For a short time I considered about going fishing the next day without the trim but if I was to get a rope in the prop or something things could go bad fast.  It is just like I tell my kids, "its all about making the right choices".
2003 Sea Ranger 21' HT
2003 130 Honda
2011 9.9 Honda

Offline So.Cali

• Fisherman
  • '86 SR 17. Current keeper of "the hat"
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 01:42:33 AM »
I ran my old kieth a few times without trim. Just put a bolt through the adjustment holes. They are a bit heavy, but I could handle mine by myself. The weight of the motor kinda gives you a hand as you lift the lower unit, but yeah if you caught a rope or something, that could make for a bad day.
Livin the dream